Independent Contractor Position
Toronto, Brampton, Mississauga
McDowall Integrative Psychology & Healthcare is an established and growing psychology and health practice that is offering a unique and comprehensive way of treating mental health issues. With on-site collaboration with health care professionals i.e. Naturopath, Functional Practitioners, Nurse Practitioners, etc.), we are offering a comprehensive approach to treating psychological issues that includes psychotherapy, health coaching, naturopathic/functional medicine and lifestyle medicine. Additionally, we offer traditional psychological services which include individual, couple and family therapy with children, adolescents and families and we perform a variety of psychological assessments (i.e. diagnostic, psychoeducational, MVA, and immigration, etc.)
We have an exciting opportunity for Registered Psychotherapists to join our Toronto, Brampton and/or Mississauga team that would be interested in being part of our community. We are looking for someone who values working a collegial atmosphere and who would want to work with a diverse population (i.e. children, adolescents, couples, families, etc). This opportunity will be ideal for someone who wants to be part of a practice and community and who does not what to deal with the stress of finding clients, marketing, accounting, office rental fees and the overall administrative duties of running an independent practice.
The successful candidates must possess:
- Masters in Counselling or Clinical Psychology or Masters of Education in Counselling
- A minimum of 3 years experience and registration with the College of Registered Psychotherapist of Ontario (CRPO) (in good standing) or College of Psychologists of Ontario (CPO)
- Experience in providing a range of variety treatment modalities
- Experience working with a variety of clients with psychological problems (i.e. OCD, PTSD, Trauma, etc.)
- Knowledge of psychological assessments (e.g. Psychoeducational assessments, MVA, Diagnostic, etc. )
- Excellent case conceptualization, psychotherapeutic skills and treatment planning
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
- Ability to drive or travel to different locations is required.
- Ideal client has a passion and interest in living a healthy lifestyle and an desire to work in a integrative healthcare practice
- Up to 4 days of clients (max 6 patients a day) for virtually and in-person session at our Toronto, Brampton and/or Mississauga location
- A desire to develop a long-lasting relationship with McDowall and to become a foundation member of our team.
- We encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds and who are knowledgeable about treating individuals from racialized communities.
- Remuneration will be based on experience.