If this sounds like you, having an ADHD Assessment in Toronto will give you valuable information on how to regain order in your life.
Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) or Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) is commonly undiagnosed in adults. It can affect individuals in many domains including work, education, relationships, and even day-to-day tasks. Some symptoms include difficulty reading, disorganization, trouble starting or completing tasks, and an inability to focus on one topic. It can lead to feeling constantly stressed as responsibilities pile up.
Our career assessment profile involves an in-depth analysis of your personal style, transferable skills and abilities. We will have you complete a set of objective tests, self-assessment instruments and exercises. The results of these assessment measures are then analyzed by one of our career counsellors who will help explain to you what your results mean and provide you with a comprehensive report. Initially, you will meet for an introductory one-to-one session followed by a full-day of testing and assessment. The service concludes with a follow-up session to discuss results and implications. Additional counselling sessions are available on an “as needed” basis.
Comprehensive Psychological Assessment
A comprehensive psychological assessment Toronto will help to answer some of these questions. Our assessments provide a thorough exploration of your family history and your social, emotional, personality, and cognitive functioning. With these results, you will gain greater insight into yourself and we will also provide you a diagnosis (if applicable) and a list of recommendations and various treatment options if you choose to continue with additional psychological treatment.
Comprehensive psychological assessments can help you:
- In providing an opportunity for early intervention if you are experiencing multiple difficulties
- Identify any possible psychological, emotional, behavioral, and cognitive issues
- Identify your strengths and any barriers to treatment
- Develop a collaborative treatment plan if you continue to seek psychological treatment
- Understand possible academic strengths and weaknesses if you are struggling in school
- Understand your unique personality strengths and challenges
During the initial interview with one of our highly qualified psychologists, psychotherapists and/or counsellors, the assessment plan is customized based on your specific wants, needs and situation. We have an extensive array of assessment tools available and will tailor your assessment to your unique situation to gain as much insight as possible into the questions you need answers to. The results of the comprehensive assessment will be compiled into a thorough written report to provide you with an overview of your psychological health. Our practitioners will discuss this report with you in detail and use it to develop next steps for treatment if necessary and desired.
- Have you been feeling ‘off’ or like something is just not right with you? Yes
- Are you confused about a previous diagnosis and want a second opinion? Yes
- Do you know something is wrong and need a diagnosis in order to receive proper treatment? Yes
If you answered YES to any of these situations, then getting a diagnostic assessment may be a useful option for you, and will be the first step towards getting the help you may need. Our diagnostic assessments are two hours in length and consist of a clinical interview and administration of one or two psychological measures. The main goal of the assessment is to work with you to determine an optimal treatment plan. Our highly qualified psychologists and counsellors are available to assist you through any subsequent therapy, if you choose to pursue it. In addition, we can also provide recommendations and referrals to other specialists, if needed.
- Do you feel your child is gifted?
- Is your child unchallenged by their school program?
- Is your child acting out because they say the work is too easy for them?
If this is the case, your child may be gifted and may not be in the proper program to maximize their capacity for learning. An assessment of giftedness will provide the information necessary to support proper programming for an intellectually gifted child. Unfortunately, there may be a long waiting period to have your child tested by their school. This time period can be extremely turbulent as your child may be easily distracted and restless with the material they are learning. These issues could demonstrate as behavioural problems that may be improperly labeled.
- Are you struggling emotionally from trauma experienced in your country of origin?
- Do you require a psychological evaluation as part of your refugee claim?
At McDowall Counselling & Consulting Group, we can provide psychological evaluations to clients who are pursuing a refugee claim. Refugees are a particularly vulnerable population, having escaped persecution or traumatic events and are attempting to restore their lives in a new and unfamiliar place. We recognize the difficulties and the lasting effects of these experiences, and provide a safe, non-judgmental space to conduct psychological evaluations. By screening for anxiety, depression, and trauma, we create thorough reports regarding the risks of deportation. We can also help connect you with other culturally-specific support services to help you navigate the process, and we understand the need for and accept the use of translators while conducting these evaluations.
- Have you been involved in a motor vehicle accident?
- Do you find it difficult to cope with the changes it has brought to your life?
- Do you experience difficulties in regulating your mood, feelings, and behaviours after the accident?
Being involved in an motor vehicle accident (MVA) can lead to many significant changes in your life. While the physical effects are easy to identify, the psychological effects are not as visible and are often neglected and left untreated. This is unfortunate, because the symptoms that you may experience can be significantly reduced with support, guidance and specific psychological treatment. Some of the psychological changes or symptoms that may arise after you have been in an automobile accident include:
- Feeling numb
- Disturbing recollections of the event
- Anxiety or avoidance regarding vehicles or the accident site
- Withdrawal from events you previously enjoyed
- Low libido and interest in intimacy
- Feeling constantly uneasy
- Worries about the future
- Angry outbursts
- Isolating yourself
Many people are unaware that their automobile insurance often covers psychological rehabilitation in addition to physical rehabilitation, without a referral from their doctor. Just contact our office and we can assist you with the process.
The psychologists, therapists and counsellors at MIPH can help you develop strategies to overcome or cope with your symptoms so you can start to live a meaningful and fulfilling life again.
Join Our Community
Get our monthly newsletter for updates, new services and mind-body health advice.